Autumn in the woods 2020

It is such a pleasure to be back in the woods with the children.

I am currently working with groups of  Year 6 children fortnightly on a Friday and groups of Year 5 children fortnightly on a Tuesday.  This is planned to continue throughout the academic year and we can really delve deep into skills that the children have explored previously, including knotwork, den building, fire lighting and wood work.

On a Monday afternoon, I will be working way around school through the terms, to spend a helf term with each year group.  The whole class will participate in outdoor learning, beginning and ending with Forest School Rules and reflection around a campfire or over a hot chocolate and a snack!  The children will work with their class teacher on outdoor learning activities, or myself on Forest school activities within the session.  During this half term I am working alongside Mrs Moriarty and Miss Place, with Year 2.

As we are working outdoors and in a large space we are able to follow social distancing procedures as detailed in the school’s COVID risk assessments, and as a teacher I am staying literally ‘outside’ of class bubbles, only seeing the children in the outdoor enviroment.

As always, we will be outdoors whatever the weather!!! Please ensure your child has the kit they need in school to be warm and stay dry and waterproof.

Miss Brown

.