Forest School Newsletter, Autumn term

Forest school provision September 2021

This year in school we have organised that Forest school sessions will run on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.   As always, each class in school will have the chance to come and work with me in the woods throughout the year, and will be split into two smaller groups.  Children will come to school ready in their kit on these mornings so that we can quickly transition down to the woods and have a good couple of hours developing new skills, exploring, building confidence and having time to play.  There will always be a drink and  a snack in the Forest school session, often around the camp fire, and the children will be dressed and back into school ready for lunchtime.

As well as this,  classes will get the chance to have some additional ad hoc Forest school sessions with me, so that they can mark the changing seasons and weather, and class teachers have all the skills and plenty of opportunity to take children for outdoor learning and play throughout the year.

September to November, I’ll be working with the Year 2 class in the woods, and then Year 4 from November and December.

Additionally Year 3  will be having one off afternoons in the woods at the beginning of October , November and December.

Celebrating Forest School Achievement

Each week, I will be choosing a child who has gone above and beyond our high expectations, or shown great aptitude in one of their 5Rs in Forest school sessions.

They may have been reflective, resilient, resourceful, developed relationships or showed respect in some way, modelling our school values in the outdoor setting.